Connect with me on...

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Long weekend in Dubai


Just got back from a few days in Dubai. I doubled up on gigs - performing at a street theatre and comedy festival during the afternoons, and then zipping off to a sparkly cabaret venue at night. Dubai is a complicated, and, if I'm honest with myself, problematic place, which brings up too many conversations to be neatly discussed in a stupid little blog like this one. The audiences, though, were uniformly lovely, and that's as good a litmus test as any I've found.

Over the next week or so I've put aside some time to work on some new material for a little later in the year, which is always an enjoyable process, and involves buying/making some new props, which still doesn't seem like real work.

The best camera is the one you have with you, they, say, and I had my phone with me in Dubai, so..


The brilliant Akira Endo killing it

LIQUID NITROGEN FROZEN YOGHURT!
LIQUID NITROGEN FROZEN YOGHURT! WITH GUMMI BEARS! (I am 44 years old)



Dubai's version of Elephant & Castle, clearly

This predictably opulent shopping mall provided the venue for a couple of the shows

No comments: