Connect with me on...

Thursday 23 June 2011

Ginger Blush






A very very fun and easy shoot with the fabulous Ginger Blush. Ginger is yet another woman who proves wrong all those assholes who say that women can't be good-looking and funny. This is a woman, after all, who has performed burlesque routines as both Marty McFly and a chicken, amongst other things.

The main purpose of the shoot was to get some nice images for her new website, but I managed to steal a few quick fun portraits too, as is my wont. For one of the shots (which didn't end up being anything good, but you never know), we went outside my flat. As we walked back, I noticed Pranesh and Sue who run the minimarket next door to my flat, watching us through their window. A few weeks ago they let me shoot Mysti Vine in their shop, so I figured that they wouldn't be too bemused by seeing me walking around with another girl in full showgirl outfit.

Later, after Ginger had left, I went to their shop to get some stuff. Sue, a middle-aged Indian woman and Pranesh's mum, cornered me by the bread. "Another nice girl, huh?", she said, all raised eyebrows, "The other one - the one you brought into the shop - she had very nice legs, very long. Hmmm. But this one...more..." and then she held her hands out in front of her chest and did the international sign for "big boobs".

Uncomfortable.

Oh, also: the traffic to this blog has skyrocketed thanks to all the people coming here to see my pictures of Richard Herring & co and the last AIOTM . Hello new readers! Thanks for coming - I try to post at least once a week, and it usually ends up being a little more often then that. The posts are usually either sneek peek images from recent photoshoots, or diary-type entries about my work as a cabaret performer. Either way, it's heavy on the snark and honesty. Check out the website links to the right for more info on who I am and what I do.

Good, that's that done. Let's be careful out there.

No comments: