Connect with me on...

Sunday 3 April 2011

Mysti Vine in a mini market


The mini market right next door to my flat, in fact, run by a lovely Indian family who let me shoot there in return for shooting some pictures of their oldest son to be sent to India and evaluated by his prospective bride. Gotta love skillswaps. Although if it doesn't work out, I'll feel somehow responsible.

This is, of course, another in the "Showgirls in Mundane Locations" project, and one of the simplest and quickest shoots I've done for it. Mysti Vine, if you're unfamiliar, is a very silly comedy burlesque performer who I had the pleasure of sharing a bill with a few weeks ago. This is one of two costumes she uses in her act, the other one you'll have to see for yourself. It's quite the showstopper. She is also Canadian, which puts her a few rungs up before we've even started, seeing as I'm quite the fan of the land of Kraft Dinner, fudgecicles and The Kids In The Hall.

No comments: